Boulder Chiropractic Survives Floods, Black Mold and Evacuation of Its Facilities

Home UncategorizedBoulder Chiropractic Survives Floods, Black Mold and Evacuation of Its Facilities

Boulder Chiropractic Survives Floods, Black Mold and Evacuation of Its Facilities

2 Comments

Being prepared is how we survive. Fortunately, we have very credible patients who have survived black mold poisoning, and we have paid close attention to what they have told us.

25% is an important number for understanding your risks for black mold poisoning. 25% of us have the HLA-DR (human leukocyte antigen) which makes people hypersensitive to biotoxins (poisonous substances produced by living organisms) which impair our body’s ability to eliminate biotoxins. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) says more than 25% of U.S. buildings are water-damaged. If you are one of these 25% black mold hypersensitive people, water-damaged buildings are dangerous buildings because they become filled with toxic microbes (fungi, bacteria, mycobacteria and actinomycetes). Your body cannot process and detoxify these biotoxins. In stead, it will recognize these biotoxins as foreign invaders and rapidly explode into Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS).

CIRS symptoms include:

  • Extreme fatigue
  • Brain fog
  • Memory problems
  • Mood swings
  • Depression
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Weakness
  • Muscle aches
  • Light sensitivity
  • Chronic cough
  • Sinus issues
  • Vertigo
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Static shocks
  • Sugar cravings
  • Inability to regulate temperature
  • Digestive issues
  • Excessive thirst and frequent urination
  • Headaches

Our CIRS patients taught us vigilance toward water intrusion into our work and home environments. Our clinic’s landlord told us, “there is no black mold in Colorado”, and after having seen his disregard for plumbing and gutter leaks throughout the building, we became hyper-alert to water damage and black mold. We knew when the inevitable happened, to demand expert inspection, mitigation and elimination of the water-damage sources. However, we were not well-prepared for the landlord’s failure to eliminate those causes for the water-damage and for our emergency evacuation of clinic facilities.

  • Shirley Bocook

    Reply

    Have too much moisture in our apt. High rise built in 1960, Tom. My clothes are all too damp to wear. Help. Shirley Bocook

    • Tom Groover Post author

      Reply

      Shirley, I am not a black mold expert, but a home-builder told me the importance of air exchange within buildings. When growing up in Florida, our house was wooden with plaster walls and no air conditioning. The humidity was such that mildew would form on my leather belt and shoes if I didn’t wear them regularly. But we had no black mold. I think our house could “breathe”, so even though the air was moist, the walls and ceiling remained dry enough do prevent black mold growth. The last time I was home, we visited a cinder block high rise and the musty smell in the indoor air was concerning. We also visited a classmate at their cinder block home. His wife had symptoms consistent with black mold exposure. Many people know black mold is present when they experience a metallic taste/smell in the air. If you experience that taste/smell, or symptoms consistent with black mold exposure, it would be wise for you to do your own research on the subject. One of our black mold injured patients here in Boulder, Colorado has begun consulting with people who want to understand the complexity of their black mold problems and how to handle them. She may be able to consult with you or tell you how to find a person like her near you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.